Spice up your summer barbecue with this tasty and exotic-looking dish. The Bamboo and Chicken wrapped up in Bamboo Leaves will add a tropical dash of color to your dinner table along with a subtle spiciness.
- 1 cup chicken or fish
- 5 red onions
- 4 tbsp. lemongrass cut finely
- 5 red chili peppers (as many as you like)
- 4 galingales (member of the ginger family)
- 1 cup basil (mang luk)
- 1/2 cup fermented fish juice
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 cups bamboo
- 1 1/2 cup green leaves juice
- 3 tbsp. uncooked sticky rice
- 4 big pieces of banana leaves (12×7 inches)
- 1 cup mushroom
- tooth picks
1. Ground onions, lemongrass, galingale, and red chili peppers together to make paste.
2. Scrape bamboo with fork. In the pot, mix chicken with the paste from above.
4. Turn up the side which has lighter color. Put two leaves together and turn the each soft edges to a different way.
5. Next, add stuff on the leaves and wrap it.
6. Stick the leaves together with toothpick.
7. Steam for 20 minutes.
Enjoy these treats in your outdoor bamboo oasis!