Summertime is the time for getting in shape and enjoying the outdoors. And if getting a beach-ready body isn’t enough motivation for you, here are seven more great reasons to get yourself in gear.
- 1. Exercise improves your mood – Had a stressful day? Feeling a little down that you’re not outside enjoying the sunshine? Well, find time to take a quick walk! Physical activity stimulates brain chemicals that leave you feeling happier and more relaxed. And because you’ll look and feel better, your confidence and self-esteem will increase.
- Exercise combats chronic diseases – With exercise you can help prevent type 2 diabetes, osteoporosis and certain types of cancer. You can also fight off heart disease as exercise helps manage blood pressure, increases “good” cholesterol while reducing triglycerides and keeps the blood flowing smoothly as it lowers the buildup of plaque in your arteries.
- Exercise helps manage your weight – And aside from improving your physical appearance, weight loss just makes you a healthier person. You can start running or try out yoga for your exercise. Or fit it into your day by taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk during your lunch break. Get up and do some jumping jacks during a commercial!
- Exercise boosts your energy level – People today lead a busy life – there are errands, kids, work and the fun stuff that we all enjoy. Physical activity delivers oxygen and nutrients to your tissues and benefits your entire cardiovascular system. When your heart and lungs work more efficiently, you’ll have more energy to do the things you enjoy.
- Exercise promotes better sleep – While there are plenty of ways to improve your sleeping habits (including investing in bamboo sheets), regular physical activity will help you fall asleep faster and deepen your sleep. Be careful though – if you exercise too close to bedtime, you may be too energized to fall asleep.
- Exercise puts the spark back into your sex life – While you may think that working out makes you too tired for sex, the opposite is true. Not only do you look and feel better about yourself, but exercise can lead to enhanced arousal for both men and women.
- Exercise can be FUN! – You just have to make it fun. Take a ballroom dancing class or get adventurous and visit a climbing wall. Play with your kids at the playground or organize a neighborhood kickball game. Engaging your friends and family in exercise leads not only to a healthier body but a healthier family so go ahead and make it a group outing!
While you’re reaping the many benefits of exercise, make sure to invest in the right clothing. Surprisingly, bamboo clothing is ideal for working out (no matter how moderate) as it has amazing wicking properties and is odor-resistant. Bamboo clothing is also thermo-regulating so it will help cool you during these hot summer months.
Green Earth Bamboo recently added new items to their collection that will prove highly useful for your exercise needs. Mens shorts and womens shorts are available and offer all-day comfort with their breathable fabric. The men’s shorts offer a drawstring elastic waist while the women’s shorts are perfect for yoga, pilates or even cycling! Bamboo short sleeve shirts are versatile enough to be worn for any activity and these eco-friendly shirts offer a silky smooth feel and a nice light fit that won’t leave you feeling bulky on hot summer days. For a more fitted look, consider these sleek racerback tank tops with a built in shelf bra. Not only are they great for workouts, but you can layer it with your favorite jacket for a cozy loungewear look.
So no matter what your activity of choice, be it hiking or yoga or a run up the stairs at your office, be sure to invest in these high-quality, moisture-wicking bamboo clothes!