Fewer things taste better on a hot summer day than juicy, refreshing pineapple. Eat it plain with breakfast, toss it on a salad for lunch or pair it with equally light summer ingredients, scallops and bamboo shoots, for a quick and easy meal.
Here’s what you need to make Pineapple Pepper & Sea Scallop Saute:
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. scallops
- 1 c. bell pepper strips
- 1 c. unsweetened pineapple chunks
- ½ c. bamboo shoots, drained
- ½ c. sweet & sour sauce
Here is the quick and easy way to make your sauté:
- Heat oil in a wok or non-stick skillet.
- Add bell pepper strips and saute’ for 5 minutes.
- Add scallops and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add pineapple, bamboo shoots and sauce.
- Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve over rice.
For more delicious bamboo recipes, visit Green Earth News section on Bamboo Flavors.
(recipe courtesy of GroupRecipes.com)