Just in time for the holiday season and an endless schedule of office luncheons and house parties, here is an easy-to-make spinach dip with an interesting twist. Add texture to a party favorite by including bamboo shoots!
Here’s a hint to keep the calories under control: Substitute the mayonnaise in this recipe with plain organic Greek yogurt or low-fat cottage cheese.
- 1 pkg frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can bamboo shoots, drained and finely chopped
- 1 pint low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup of mayo
- 1 pkg vegetable soup mix, dry
- 1 pkg onion soup mix, dry
To make the dip, simply mix all the ingredients together and refrigerate for at least two hours. Serve with vegetables, bread or pita chips.
For more delicious recipes, visit Green Earth News Bamboo Flavors section.