If you’re looking for a last-minute decoration or a fun activity for the family on Christmas Day, take time to build this simple yet beautiful Bamboo Christmas Star.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own bamboo Christmas star:
- 6 bamboo stakes, 6-feet long
- 12 plastic zip ties
- 2 strings of miniature white lights, 100-feet long
Here’s how to make your bamboo Christmas star:
- Create a triangle using three of the bamboo stakes. Connect the ends with zip ties.
- Create a second triangle with the remaining three bamboo stakes.
- Attach the first triangle to the second triangle at the stake connection points using the zip ties. (Your bamboo stakes should now look like a star.)
- Wrap as few or as many of the white lights as you like around the bamboo star.
While intended to be an outdoor ornament, this bamboo star will look as festive hanging from your porch as it will hanging above your fireplace.
With the kids at home for the holidays, take a look at more Bamboo Crafts from Green Earth News.