Soup is a perfect recipe for both cold and warm weather – it warms you up on cold nights and helps you slim down for warmer weather outfits. Prepare this flavorful soup and serve in smaller portions for an appetizer or serve a full bowl for a delicious meal.
Here’s what you need to make your miso soup with shrimp, seaweed and bamboo:
- 4 tbsp. miso paste
- 16 large shrimp with heads on
- 2 slivers of pickled sushi ginger
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. oyster sauce
- ½ c. bamboo shoots, cut thinly
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 c. fresh seaweed, thinly sliced (if not available, substitute 6 sheets of seaweed)
- 6 c. seafood broth
Here’s how to make your miso soup with shrimp, seaweed and bamboo:
- In a large pot, add the seafood broth and stir in the miso paste and bamboo shoots.
- Add your slivers of ginger to the pot.
- Stir in the fish sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Leaving the mixture on the hot stove, add the seaweed and scallion.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
For more delicious bamboo recipes, visit Green Earth News section on Bamboo Flavors.