Rising temperatures call for cooler dishes. Treat yourself to this unique salad featuring refreshing Clementine oranges and tasty bamboo shoots.
Ingredients for your salad:
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, chopped
- 2 Clementine oranges, peeled and divided into sections
- 7 oz. bamboo shoots, drained
- ¼ c. fennel bulbs, chopped
- 2 tbsp. onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- ¼ c. olive oil
Here’s how to make your salad:
- Place the first 3 ingredients in a large bowl. If the Clementine sections are too large, cut the sections in half.
- To make the dressing, blend the fennel, onion and garlic in a food processor until smooth.
Combine the salt & vinegar with the fennel mix. Then, stream the olive oil in slowly while blending until the mixture is emulsified.
- Gently toss the salad in the fennel dressing.