Knitting is still a fashionable and slightly addictive hobby as knitting knewbie Lauren Conrad recently admitted to People magazine. While all Conrad has mastered is scarves, you can break out your bamboo needles and fashion some warm wares for the chilly winter season. Whether you’re using super soft bamboo yarn or organic cotton yarn, unique accessories by hand are yours to create using these easy patterns.
Holiday parties are fast approaching so start preparing. Pair your little black dress with a handmade party wrap.
Here’s what you need to create your wrap (from About.com):
- Two skeins of medium weight yarn (roughly 300 yards)
- Straight needles, size 7
- Crochet hook or sewing needle
Here’s how to create your party wrap:
- Cast on three stitches.
- Knit row one.
- Purl row two.
- Increase by knitting into the front and back of the first and last stitch.
- Knit other stitches.
- Purl row four.
- Repeat this pattern, increasing on both ends of the knit rows and purling the purl rows, for about 12 inches
- Knit and purl straight until piece measures about 45 inches..
- Continue in the same pattern but decrease the first and last stitch of the knit rows by knitting two together on each end.
- When down to three stitches, bind off and weave in the ends.