A Little About Our Earth-Friendly Bamboo Products
At Green Earth Bamboo, we set out to accomplish two goals; firstly, we wanted to find the “optimum” fabric for the line of products that we wanted to carry. Well, we believe that we hit a home run with viscose from bamboo. You can learn everything under the sun about viscose from bamboo as a fabric in our Organic Fabric information section, but we would like to touch on a few of its benefits here, so that you can make an informed decision while shopping on our site.
We have gone through the rigors for you… of testing the various products out there, be it organic cotton, Egyptian cotton, hemp, etc., and viscose from bamboo far and away stood tall and above the rest. Why you ask? For starters, it was the softest of all the fabrics we sampled. Whether it was bamboo sheets, bamboo towels, bamboo clothing, or bamboo baby products, we found it to be the most comfortable of the products we sampled. The Bamboo Bed Sheets for example were more comfortable than high thread count, Egyptian cotton sheets.
Bamboo Bedding has other great benefits as well…people suffering from night sweats, for example, will find a significant difference between our bamboo sheets and their old cotton sheets. Bamboo has amazing wicking and absorption abilities. So, if you have night sweats you are definitely going to want to try our bamboo bedding.
In addition to these great qualities, you will find bamboo to be a very eco-friendly source when compared to other fabrics. For one thing…bamboo can grow at an amazing rate of 3-4 feet a day making it a very sustainable and renewable product. After analyzing the various fabrics out there, we feel that bamboo as a source is the most eco-friendly choice.
We really believe that once you try any of our viscose from bamboo products, you too will be telling all your friends about it. All the qualities that you will find in our bamboo bedding are also present in our Bamboo Clothing, bamboo bath products, and bamboo baby products.
And lastly, our Bamboo Baby Clothes and accessories… If you have read this far then you now have a good command of the qualities and benefits of viscose from bamboo fabric. As such, you can see why viscose from bamboo is the perfect material to have on and around your baby.
Our second goal was quite simply to find the highest quality bamboo bedding, clothing, Bamboo Bath Towels, and baby products. We spent quite some time evaluating suppliers so that we could bring you the highest quality items. We know that once you try our viscose from bamboo products you will agree that this is a fabric that is far superior to anything else out there. The fact that it happens to be produced from an eco-friendly, sustainable, renewable, pesticide and herbicide free source, is just icing on the cake.
We thank you for your patronage.
Green Earth Bamboo
a family owned business
Our Eco-Friendly Bamboo Supplier
On the subject of the processing of bamboo, it is important to note that there are responsible and irresponsible ways of processing. Let me start by telling you that after we made the decision to carry bamboo products, we then went through a rigorous in-house screening process to find the right suppliers for our various product lines. Admittedly our 1st priority was to find the highest quality bamboo products in their respective product categories. Our 2nd priority was to find companies that were “eco conscious” and demonstrated it in their business practices.
For starters, the bamboo facility in China only makes bamboo fabric products for them. They go to the facility twice a year and have a close relationship with the management and workers at the facility. The facility is a friendly open environment like you might find here in the states…this is not a “sweatshop” like you might find with those that are simply looking to get the cheapest price on the products that they sell. It is a very efficiently run and environmentally conscious facility. Unlike most manufacturing facilities overseas, this one operates on a 97% closed loop system. What this means is that there are large pools of water whereby the chemicals are filtered out for reuse and the water is filtered/cleaned to be used again in the process. In addition, their dyeing facility spent over a million dollars to update its facility so that the water is purified and ph balanced after the dyeing process.
Important Facts About Our Supplier:
- The bamboo is USDA certified organic
- The bamboo farms are OCIA certified organic
- The fiber is FSC chain of custody certification: FSC chain of custody (CoC) tracks FSC certified material through the production process – from the forest to the consumer, including all successive stages of processing, transformation, manufacturing and distribution. Only FSC CoC certified operations are allowed to label products with the FSC trademarks. The FSC label thus provides the link between responsible production and consumption and thereby enables the consumer to make socially and environmentally responsible purchasing decisions.
- The fiber has Oeko Tex 100 Class A certification
- The bamboo fiber is processed in a closed loop system where 98% of the sodium hydroxide and 74% of the carbon disulphide are recovered and recycled.
- No chemicals are applied to the fabrics unless they either meet the GOTS standards or are Oeko Tex certified. There are no residual chemicals in the fiber.
- All dyes are low impact Azo-free dyes.
- Us as well as our suppliers are all members of and approved by Green America
- Our supplier for our baby items produces the fabric in the U.S. and all spinning, knitting, wet processing, cutting, sewing, printing, embroidery and distribution are all performed within a 150 miles radius.
- Our bedding and clothing supplier produces the fabric in China and the weaving, dyeing, finishing, cutting, sewing and packaging are all performed within a 100 miles radius. The yarn factory itself is not within this radius.
To learn more about viscose from bamboo fabric and how it is processed,
please visit our Bamboo Facts page.